Keypad Freezing

@TechGuy42 wrote:

I understand what you’re saying, too bad for the fact that of all the times I spoke with support over the phone… Not one person mentioned what you said about using the extender.

Now, thanks to my persistence on this forum and your detailed response, the whole community can be aware of using the extender in small areas can cause more problems.

In in any case, an update has been pushed to the keypads, in part thanks to the noise made on this forum. Hopefully this will remedy many of the issues discussed.

Yeah I only discovered the extender issues by practice. Installing quite a few systems, you pick up the tricks. Also knowing what a mess other mesh technologies can be in close proximity (people, you don’t need a mesh wifi system in a 600sq ft single level dwelling), I found that not using the extender unless I encountered issues was a better policy than installing it regardless. If you’ve got many floors or a very extended layout, then the extender is useful. But for the majority of residential installs, it’s not even needed, in my experience.

1 Like