How would you protect my basement?

Currently i have an ADT alarm with multiple glass break sensors in the basement as well as open/close sensors on the door & windows. I have pets so i can’t use motion sensors. If i go to ring without glass break sensors how would you recommend i protect the basement? most of it is at ground level. I dont trust just using open/close sensors bc i think burglars would break the glass and walk in. Im also not sure im sold on the use of Alexa guard as glass break bc it doesnt notify the alarm company. Thoughts?

Hello @dmmoney8 ,

We keep asking for Ring to make/provide a Glass Break Sensor, which would better provide the protection that you are looking for:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Glass-Break-Sensors/m-p/50990#M5059

Go to the link about and then add your “Thumbs Up” Kudo vote to the other authors submissions that posted on the Feature Request Board! The more votes, the better chances of getting a compatible Glass Break sensor! :slight_smile:

Agreed. but surely there are tons of Ring customers dealing with the same situation, so what does everyone else do? only protect doors & windows open/close sensors?

@dmmoney8 wrote:

Agreed. but surely there are tons of Ring customers dealing with the same situation, so what does everyone else do? only protect doors & windows open/close sensors?

@dmmoney8

Pretty much . . . and using some combination of motion-detector-sensors and/or Echo devices . . . while patiently waiting for the Glass Break sensors. :frowning:

A few months later, but I still have a similar question. I bought my daughter and son-in-law a small Ring package for Christmas. They have a basement with the typical small egress windows in one wall, and a friend of hers just had their house broken into by kicking in their basement window and crawling in. I intend to put a motion sensor covering the 2 doors to the rooms with those windows, but as others have said, that’s really too late since they’re already inside the house and more of a backup.

Some of those windows slide, but these have a catch in the middle of the top and pull in, with no attached hinge at the bottom so the window just comes out easily (making an exit faster in an emergency, but breaking in also easier.) The window has less than a 1/4" of space between it and the concrete wall, which is too thin to mount even the magnet of the contact sensor. Has anybody come up with a method of mounting the Ring contact sensors to cover that type of window? My only guess so far, is to go ahead and mount it, knowing that if somebody kicked the window in, that would knock at least one part of the contact sensor off, which would hopefully set it off, but I was hoping for something a bit more reliable than that.