How to upgrade Ring Alarm base from Gen 1 to Gen 2

Where is a guide how to upgrade Gen1 to Gen2 base?

How do transfer professional monitoring to the new Gen2 base without canceling montioring?

How do I configure the Gen 2 to not go into test mode for 7 days.

How do I…

I called support and was told to cancel the existing monitoring agreement on Gen 1 base then start a new Gen 2 base agreement, JUST WRONG!

Your help link was not useful. I have both Gen 1 and Gen 2 so I am already aware of the size differences. A guide how to upgrade to Gen 2 would have been appropriate!

As long as I’m on the subject of Gen 2 differences. The Gen 2 keypad Alarm/Disarm status light are only on momentary. The base unit is the only device that shows the alarm status which in my case is out of sight.

There are many complaints about the Gen 1 Keypad lights being too bright. Ring’s response with Gen 2 keypad is to turn the lights off after few seconds? Ring needs to understand customers need the ability to optionally have the light always on continuously, or optionally fade off in a few seconds. Keypads are installed in bedrooms and family rooms where a bright red or white light may be distracting in darken rooms. If you within a foot or so you can wave your hand near the keypad but that doesn’t work if you in bed or watching a movie in the family room and want to glance over to ensure the alarm in on.