cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is it Secure? Ring is not Secure. the dont have a simple Glass break sensor

Highlighted
New Neighbor

How is it Secure? Ring is not Secure. the dont have a simple Glass break sensor

If I live in a two story house and someone break in through the window, they can just come in and do way much more damage if I am home! because the motion sensors will be off "home mode" 

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: How is it Secure? Ring is not Secure. the dont have a simple Glass break sensor

Hey @Unknown989 ! If you have an Alexa enabled device you can use the Alexa Guard feature which can listen for events such as glass break. Rest assured, we've sent your feedback to the team.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: How is it Secure? Ring is not Secure. the dont have a simple Glass break sensor

So Marley, you are telling me I should tell everyone who asks me about ring that they should buy also an Alexa because Ring is unreliable ?
Highlighted
Community Manager

We pride ourselves in the customization of our devices to fit most neighbors’ needs. That being said we are equally passionate about providing solutions through common integrations and partners such as Amazon. We are always working to improve and add new features, and will certainly keep you updated on any glass break sensor in the future. For now, please review the Community Guidelines and ensure you are making Ring Community the best it can be Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I would switch my entire home and business alarm systems over to Ring right now if you provided glass break sensors. I'm not going to purchase Alexa and additional Echo's to cover my house and business. I can't use motion sensore because of having dogs. There are many glass break sensors on the market, Ring needs to partner with one of them and their alarm system business would increase 10x. It sounds like Alexa is the only partner benefiting from that partnership. Please add a glass break sensor!!!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I agree that a dedicated certified glass break sensor that will alarm and report to the monitoring company is needed.  I like the Alexa away mode, but it does not trip the alarm.  There are areas of the house I do not want an echo device bu do need glass break protection.  Please let the product team know your customers are clammering for this product and feature. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

you can add a motion sensor pointing at the window and then add  it into home mode

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

Alexa Guard isn't even available in Canada. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Good Morning. I had this same concern as my downstairs living room is covered in windows, basically a sun room. I do have sensors on the doors and every window but as you mentioned, there is no glass break sensor. What I opted for was adding a motion sensor that covers the whole area of the room, and when I’m home mode, that motion sensor is armed. This allows me to know if anyone came through a window by breaking it the alarm will trip and alert us. This was prior to me knowing about the Alexa glass break feature.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

My mother is 83 years young and may not remember the motion sensor is activated in a given room. She will want to get a blanket or extra clothes in a closet and trip the alarm.

Rather than "alarm by avoidance" (patent pending, lol) wouldn't it make more sense to simply have glass break detectors that we can use on the Ring Alarm System so we feel safe and secure?

/* */