cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove a door sensor I do not have access to?

New Neighbor

How do I remove a door sensor I do not have access to?

I have a door sensor that stopped responding. I took it down in the middle of remodeling the house, and want to remove it from my ring alarm, but the system insists that I have access to the working sensor to be able to remove it. Surely there is a way to remove it, so that I don’t have to bypass it every time I arm the alarm. My parents haven’t got the Ring app installed on their phones and try to arm with the keypad but are not successful. I just want it deleted. There has to be another way short of factory resetting the keypad and then pairing all the devices again, and not sure that would even work.
2 REPLIES 2
New Neighbor

Re: How do I remove a door sensor I do not have access to?

I should add that it got lost in the shuffle of everything I was moving around while I was remodeling, and I can not locate it anymore.
Community Manager

Re: How do I remove a door sensor I do not have access to?

Great question @Jmholmesjr1967! There is a "Remove Failed Device" option in the app that might suit this scenario best. To do this:

• In the Ring app, tap the menu (top left)
  • Select Devices in the menu
  • Select Alarm Base Station
  • Select the sensor you want to remove
  • Tap settings cog top right
  • Select Advanced Options
  • Select Remove Failed Device and then select "Remove" on the next page.

Let us know how this works for you! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.