How do I remove a door sensor I do not have access to?

I have a door sensor that stopped responding. I took it down in the middle of remodeling the house, and want to remove it from my ring alarm, but the system insists that I have access to the working sensor to be able to remove it. Surely there is a way to remove it, so that I don’t have to bypass it every time I arm the alarm. My parents haven’t got the Ring app installed on their phones and try to arm with the keypad but are not successful. I just want it deleted. There has to be another way short of factory resetting the keypad and then pairing all the devices again, and not sure that would even work.

I should add that it got lost in the shuffle of everything I was moving around while I was remodeling, and I can not locate it anymore.

2 Likes

Great question @Jmholmesjr1967! There is a “Remove Failed Device” option in the app that might suit this scenario best. To do this:

• In the Ring app, tap the menu (top left)
  • Select Devices in the menu
  • Select Alarm Base Station
  • Select the sensor you want to remove
  • Tap settings cog top right
  • Select Advanced Options
  • Select Remove Failed Device and then select “Remove” on the next page.

Let us know how this works for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

door sensor failed, has been removed/destroyed. Now, i cannot remove the device from my Ring app. Going to Advanced Options does not remove it. There must be another way. Any advice?

Hey @marklellman. If the steps suggested by Marley are not successful, you’ll want to get in touch with our support team to get this Contact Sensor removed from your system. They’ll be able to offer more in-depth troubleshooting steps and take a closer look at what’s going on. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: