How do I clear a tamper message on a motion detector?

Subject says it all

1 Like

Put the cover back on the sensor. That’s it. Then just dismiss the alert.

2 Likes

HI, I am having the same problem with 2 of my sensors. We just changed the battery - it says ‘tampered’ for both but they seem to chirp when the doors are opened. Tried putting the cover vack on but that hasnt helped.

I have tried to remove one of them via the app, but it keeps saing ‘can’t remove’. So I am stuck with somehting thsts jjust sitting there showing tampered. Any help is appreciated.

3 Likes

I found that the cover wasn’t keeping the button held down. I put a piece of duct tape on the prong that engages the button and that cleared the tamper alert.

3 Likes

What button?? I pushed the pin in the little hole, followed every procedure I could find. Still showing “Tampered”. It even works… But cannot engage the motion detector when arming the system either in Home or Away mode…

Hi @Smont. Do you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 contact sensor? A Tampered message is an indication that the Cover is not seated properly on the Contact Sensor. Be sure that the cover is on the Contact Sensor all the way.

I had the hardest time deleting “!” tampered unit, then saw the button remove didn’t work, I hit that and just followed direction. To my amazement it was finally removed woooohoooo lol

2 Likes

A Tampered message is an indication that the cover is not seated properly on the sensor. Be sure that the cover is on the sensor all the way, and try taking it off and putting it back on. This should dismiss the alert. In addition, check out our Help Center article here for clearing the tamper message. If you still have this tampered message after attempting to dismiss it yourself, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here.