cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble with the retrofit alarm kit...

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Having trouble with the retrofit alarm kit...

I've noticed odd behavior at some of my wired zones... And it is inconsistant, maybe only happening 10% of the time. 

Starting with the zone closed, I'll open the door/window...  The zone shows open as expected.   Then when I close the door window, ocasionally it seems like it is quickly registering as closed,open closed...  I know something is wrong when this happens because I hear a chime when the opening is being closed.  

Even more annoying is that sometimes the door/window is stuck saying open and I have to cycle the door/window a few times to get it to show as closed.

I used my multimeter to check the connections, and all looks fine from what I can tell.  Close to 0 ohms when the door/window is closed and 'infite resistance' when the door/window is open.

I even tried to add a 2k ohm end of line resistor to the end of the line to see if that would help.  It didn't...  

Wondering if I have a faulty retrofit kit (doubt it since I have 2 and they both exhibit the same behavior) or if there is something funky in the software? 

It is also worth noting that I have 3 main doors that use recessed contact sensors.  Never seen a problem with these.  All my windows and a sliding glass door use surface mount contact sensors.  I am only seeing problems with the surface mount sensors, but again they seem to function fine when tested with a multimeter for resistance. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Having trouble with the retrofit alarm kit...

Hi @talsma. If you are still having issues with your Retrofit Alarm Kit, I would recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.