Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardwire Alarm

Highlighted
Jsd
New Neighbor II

Hardwire Alarm

I want to hardwire my ring alarm using an adapter purchased from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/HOMREE-Converter-Module-Output-Adapter/dp/B01MEESLZ6) which many others have used. The question is, the powerline power source says 120 vac / 9 VAC. Is this too much power? The alarm tends to make a odd sound during entry/exit delay when plugged in as compared to using Rings power adapter.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Hardwire Alarm

We are glad you asked @Jsd . We do not recommend using any other power supply for the Base Station, than the Ring Alarm branded one.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Jsd
New Neighbor II

My question relates to the keypad not the base station. Many are using an adapter that takes their old alarm systems wires and converts then into a mini usb wire. This is because the ring keypad is missing a vital feature: screw terminals to except wires from previous alarm systems
Community Manager

Thank you for clarifying that information. The keypad power adapter accepts input supply of 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 0.5A and outputs 5.0VDC, 1.0A. We recommend only using the Ring provided power supply. In the event that the Ring provided power supply is not available, a supply with the equivalent output is acceptable to use.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.