cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front door requires bypass if open.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Front door requires bypass if open.

I just made a new thread about this yesterday, not knowing others are frustrated with this annoyance.  The first time it happened to me I thought my sensor was faulty because when I re-entered through the same door, no alarm sounded.  Obviously (I later learned), because in bypassing the door sensor I thought it would behave like my previous alarm system and arm it as soon as I closed it.  Not for the entirety of another disarm, rearm cycle.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

NEED this functionality. I’ve been racking my brain for a week wondering why alarm is not armed when I return home. Please add this functionality @Ring
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Another +1 for this solution/fix please.

Having had two previous home security systems - being able to set the alarm with the door open as people leave is STANDARD. Arming counts down and then sensors arm.

Please Ring add this feature. It’s completely bizarre not to have it. I don’t want to be faffing with my phone as I’m detangling the dog’s lead or if it’s raining outdoors.
Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I'm glad others understand this issue and am suprised it has not yet been fixed. Due to this limitation  I frequently forget to arm my alarm, which renders it pretty useless. Thankfully I bought it from Costco so a return shouldn't be an issue if it doesn't get fixed. I even went to the trouble of installing an NFC tag near my front door so I can swipe my phone and start the alarm arming. Of course if the door is opened it doesn't work.

@ring please can you update on when this issue will be fixed?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

We just installed the Ring alarm in our home and thought something was wrong with it when we couldn't exit via the 'main door' without closing it first. 

Ring, please add the feature that the 'main door' can be open while the alarm is being set.

Every other alarm system I've previously had has this basic function. 

I even thought about taking the sensor off the front door and if someone broken in, the motion sensor would activate the alarm - but that seemed a bad idea as a solution to having a basic function missing. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Couldn't agree more.  Installed this system last night and I just found this thread trying to find out if there was a way to prevent a sensor from being bypassed.  It seems like such an obvious requirement.  I have people coming in to feed my cat when I'm away etc and they are so used to opening the door before arming it I'm pretty sure my front door sensor will be ineffective whenever I go away on holiday.

Please fix this Ring!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I bought my Ring Alarm a few days ago to replace my 20 year old wired alarm which has this feature so it's disappointing that basic functionality like this is missing.

It's been 8 months since this thread was started, can we have an update on this issue please? 

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

My old DSC alarm behaved the same way. It was the first alarm system I had so thought that all of the worked that way.

Now, if you are arm the system while the door is open, you'll be prompted to bypass it or it won't arm.

If you bypass it, why would the alarm 'rearm' it? That's the purpose of bypass - to ignore it because you wanted to.

Maybe another setting - if closed after bypass, arm, or prompt to arm?

In my case, we close the door, tell Alexa "I'm leaving" and then head out.

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

I can't believe I first posted about this ‎in Jan 2020 and nothing has been done to fix it (ok a lot has happened in between but no excuse now). I'm in the UK and rival smart alarm systems are starting to appear. If Ring don’t get their act together they are going to lose customers and one of them will be me. This system is better than nothing and just ahead of a dumb alarm but they are the only good things I can say about it. Any semi-decent competition is going to crush it.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is crazy I thought my system wasn’t working and it was going to be a simple fix on the settings. This basically means the only way the system is useful is using the app. The keypad is useless I might also return to Costco if I don’t see any update to fix this as it’s basically useless as an alarm system.