False alarm after exactly 4 minutes

I have an occasional problem with both of my motion sensors on my alarm. Sometimes, after arming one will trigger with a false alarm exactly 4 minutes after it was armed. Sometimes pulling the battery helps. Sometimes it doesn’t. It’s intermittent. Batteries are less than a year old and when swapping then with door sensor batteries the problem stays with the motion sensor. Any ideas?

for giggles I would try covering the sensor(s) and arm and disarm a few times as in trying to figure out if it is the sensor or if it is sensing something.

Try lowering the sensitivity?

1 Like

I can’t imagine it’s actually detecting anything. No one is in the house when this happens and it is completely consistent when it happens. Always exactly 4 minutes according to the event history. If it were detecting something actually happening the timing should he random.

Hey @sheltenack, happy to chime in here! I would recommend trying what @PapaLanc recommended as a test to narrow down what might be causing this behavior with the Motion Detectors. You can essentially take them and put them in a drawer or a cabinet where there is no way motion could be detected, and then arm the system after. If the Motion Detectors do not trigger, then it could be something environmental causing it where they are originally placed. You can check out this Help Center Article here for some placement tips that may be helpful.

If they do trigger, then it could be a problem with the Motion Detectors themselves. At that point, I’d recommend reaching out to our support team so they can investigate and walk you through some more in-depth troubleshooting to resolve this concern. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: