Extend base station power cable

Hi,

Is it possible to get a longer power cable for the base station or extend it?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hey @Ninko, while we do not offer a longer version of the Base Station’s power cord, I recommend buying an extension cord in order to get the desired length you are looking for!

1 Like

How about if I don’t want to use an extention cord? I want to extend it with hard wire. What type of cable do I need to purchase? Thank you.

1 Like

I too am also curious to which after market cable should I purchase? I do not want to use an extension cord or power strip.

Hi neighbors! It is recommended to use the power supply that is included with the Alarm Base Station for powering. Using an extension chord is a great way to reach an area far from an outlet, however, we do not advise using a 3rd party power supply to power the Base Station, as it may not have the appropriate rating for intended use. Aftermarket devices are not tested and we cannot guarantee performance.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

@Ninko Did you find a solution to this, I’m looking at the same issue so would appreciate any input for extending this hardwired without an extension cord.

Did you find a solution for extending it hardwired? I’m trying to solve the same issue.

@ZZR1200
Not for the base station no, I made it work with an extension cable in the end. But that’s not to say you can’t make it work, if you can match the connector and the power requirements written on the plug it may still be possible to get a longer cable (Do this at your own risk of course!)

As for the keypad, I just got a USB extension cable, which works great.

Hope you find what works for you!

Stay safe!

@Ring
You really should sell a longer power cable for those that need it!

1 Like

My dog chewed the power cord to the base station. Is it possible to purchase just the power cord?

Hi @SREYNOLDS1231. We do not sell the power supply for the Ring Alarm Base Station separately. To get a replacement, contact our support team and they will be able to assist you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Any updates on offering a longer cable?

Recommendation for a high install height with a short cable limits options for reaching a typical home power outlet, especially if the outlet is not directly under the desired install location.

juaniO, THIS is the perfect solution: Hanvex 12ft 2.1mm x 5mm - 20AWG Extension Cable (White - Part No: HDCQ12W) I have tested it for over a week. It has kept the battery fully charged and functional under all circumstances. Be sure to tape the barrel connectors together if running it through a wall.

ACBoon, THIS is the perfect solution: Hanvex 12ft 2.1mm x 5mm - 20AWG Extension Cable (White - Part No: HDCQ12W) I have tested it for over a week. It has kept the battery fully charged and functional under all circumstances. Be sure to tape the barrel connectors together if running it through a wall.

1 Like