Entry/Exit Delays for Motion Detector Sensors (Alarm System)

I’m probably getting ahead of myself, since my system hasn’t arrived yet, but I see in the online documentation that you can customize entry and exit delays for certain contact sensors if you designate them as a main door but didn’t see any info on whether you can do this with motion detector sensor. My question is, can you do this with a motion detector sensor? We plan to put a motion detection sensor in the garage and in addition to the main door to the garage would need to put the detection sensor on an entry/exit delay also. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

@Kev172 wrote:

I’m probably getting ahead of myself, since my system hasn’t arrived yet, but I see in the online documentation that you can customize entry and exit delays for certain contact sensors if you designate them as a main door but didn’t see any info on whether you can do this with motion detector sensor. My question is, can you do this with a motion detector sensor? We plan to put a motion detection sensor in the garage and in addition to the main door to the garage would need to put the detection sensor on an entry/exit delay also. Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Yes, it’s possible to do what you’re asking. You’d typically want to designate motion detector placement within the Ring app as “Room.” Setting a sensor as such would cause your alarm to immediatley sound upon detecting any motion.

For your purposes in the garage, you’d want designate the placement of that motion sensor as " Entryway" rather than Room. Whatever time duration you set as your Entry Delay will then apply to that motion sensor. Likewise, you’d also need to designate the contact sensor for your garage door (going into your house, not ‘the’ garage door) as a Main Door. Again, this way your Entry Delay will apply. --this is assuming you’re also adding a contact sensor to that door.

1 Like