Door Sensors Gen 2 - Questions on placement and alignment

Hello:

I have doored that are recesed on a frame and open inwards (Anderson). I cannot find a way to use sensors on these doors. I also find them ugly buy maybe I’d get used to that.

1. Can you remove just the magnet from the case to allow a install in tight areas?

2. I read the sensor can be up to 1" apart from the magnet. Can they be out of line, say 1/2" and still work. When I say out of line, the sensor would be raised away from the magnet 1/2". The gap between them would be small, say 1/4" but they would not line up.

@Brumey wrote:

Hello:

I have doored that are recesed on a frame and open inwards (Anderson). I cannot find a way to use sensors on these doors. I also find them ugly buy maybe I’d get used to that.

1. Can you remove just the magnet from the case to allow a install in tight areas?

2. I read the sensor can be up to 1" apart from the magnet. Can they be out of line, say 1/2" and still work. When I say out of line, the sensor would be raised away from the magnet 1/2". The gap between them would be small, say 1/4" but they would not line up.

Hello @Brumey ,

Here is a link to a Ring Support page, with many tips on installing you Door’s Contact-Sensors. It includes lots of pictures and an excellent short video. It should answer your questions and give you innovative ideas for what might work in your situation! :slight_smile:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043818431-Tips-for-installing-your-Contact-Sensor-2nd-gen-

1 Like