Dome siren says "turned off"

In my list of devices under alarm devices… all windows and doors are closed… dome siren says turned off - even when alarm is armed… is this correct as meaning its just not screeching an alarm… or is it not active.?? do i need to do anything here or is all correct??

thanks

@ShawninVanbc wrote:

In my list of devices under alarm devices… all windows and doors are closed… dome siren says turned off - even when alarm is armed… is this correct as meaning its just not screeching an alarm… or is it not active.?? do i need to do anything here or is all correct??

thanks

Hello @ShawninVanbc ,

Yes, when the Dome Siren displays, “Turned Off” that does indeed mean “its just not screeching an alarm”, but it is attached to the Base Station and ready. If you like for ‘peac-of-mind’, you can test this connection by:

Main Menu of Dashboard > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Dome Siren > Test Siren > Test.

It will then screech for about 3-seconds and then stop on its own, and therefore you now have confirmed the Alarm Base Station is definitely “Z-Wave” connected to the Dome Siren. Since it is only a test, it does NOT contact the “Professional Monitors”.

I hope you find this information useful :slight_smile:

1 Like