Dome Siren with Ring

Does anyone here have the Dome Siren? just have a few Q’s. Like how do you know it is working? lol … it connected fine, but it shows as “turned off” in the app with no way to turn it on? is this normal? Also, i see no options anywhere to have it chirp when contact sensors are triggered. Is this possible? TIA!

1 Like

I don’t have one, but I think I can answer your questions . . .

1. To test . . . If you do a siren test in the app, the dome siren should sound along with your base station siren.

2. The dome siren is just a siren, not a speaker for chirps or ring tones.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply. Good to know about the chirps.

When I do a base station siren test, the Dome does not sound together with it. The Dome only sounds on its own when I do its own siren test. Hopefully that is normal?

1 Like

That certainly sounds normal @AdamN, as the tests will be specific to the selected device in the app. If the test worked, the Device must be online which is great news! Completing a test in the Ring app means the system is communicating as intended. There will also be a battery indicator on the Dome Siren device page in the app, which will allow you to ensure it is fully functional :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Marley, I guess I can assume all is well!

1 Like

I could not find how to post for the dome siren, I am going to do it through a reply then.

The dome siren by Alexa is a piece of junk. It does not sound to the decibels advertized, it disconnects from the Ring system without you knowing, the batteries are not lasting long and when they die you do not know it, it cannot be installed outside… Do I need to say more… well the Ring support for returning it has been pathetic… It is a shame that Ring continues to promote it.