Does the alarm not log reboots? Does it still notify about changes in communication method?

I recently rebooted my alarm and then I checked the log later and saw no record of the reboot. Does the alarm not show reboots in the log?

Also when I use to reboot my router I would get a notification that ring was no using cell backup and then a minute later when the router was back up I would get a notification that internet communication was restored. Recently that has stopped notifying me of this. Is this a change where we won’t get a notification of its communication method changing or that the internet is out and it is using cell backup? I’m just wondering if there is a problem with the alarm. As far as I can tell it’s working correctly but just no longer tells me the communication method was changed.

Hey @Socrates99. I made sure to verify this by giving my Base Station a reboot as well, but the reboot will not show up in the event history log.

When it comes to those notifications, if you go into the Main Menu in the Ring app > Settings > Alarm Alerts > Push, make sure that you have Cellular Backup enabled for the push notification, as well as Base Station Status. If these are enabled, please remove the Ring app from your phone, restart your phone, and then reinstall the app. Once you log back in, double check all your Alarm Alerts and this will ensure you have these on, and this will help refresh your notification preferences! You can ensure these notifications are working by rebooting your router to see if they come through. :slight_smile: