Does Self monitoring require a plan

Does self-monitoring require a plan? If no, will I still receive the alarm alerts to my phone without a plan?

My cameras are already covered under a basic plan which I have pay yearly.

Is there anyway to turn off the orange alert on the bottom of the app indicating how many days I have in my trial subscription?

Thanks

Self monitoring does not require a plan. The basic you have will expire at the end of the trial.
There is no way to remove the orange banner that I know of.
Here are what you get for free, basic and pro plans.
https://shop.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

I already pay for the basic plan on my camera so I should be set there. Just wanted to make sure I did not need anything for self monitoring on my new alarm. I do hope the orange notification in the app goes away after the trial ends.

Thanks,

That trial banner will go away when your trial is done. The basic covers most of the things people want. The pro has monitoring by Ring, extended warranty and 10% off in the Ring store. I don’t use the monitoring even though I have the pro plan. I do like the warranty for as long as I have a plan though and if 8 decided to get monitoring I’m halfway there. The 10% discount helps if I have a big purchase but the delivery time it takes makes it less appealing than just going through Amazon.

I still have the orange banner on my app. I guess I should contact Ring and see about that.

How many cameras do you have? Since a basic plan costs $3 a month for a single camera, if you have three or more, you may want to consider the Protect Plus plan at $10 a month or $100 a year, which will cover recordings for all your cameras, provide professional monitoring for the alarm system, and extended warranties.

Most homeoweners insurances give a discount as well when you have professional monitoring. This may even cover the cost of the whole plan.

Here’s info on all plans: https://shop.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

@su_A_ve wrote:

How many cameras do you have? Since a basic plan costs $3 a month for a single camera, if you have three or more, you may want to consider the Protect Plus plan at $10 a month or $100 a year, which will cover recordings for all your cameras, provide professional monitoring for the alarm system, and extended warranties.

Most homeoweners insurances give a discount as well when you have professional monitoring. This may even cover the cost of the whole plan.

Here’s info on all plans: https://shop.ring.com/pages/protect-plans

I only have 2 cameras so basic plan works for me at the moment. I contacted Ring, they identified the orange banner in the app as a potential bug and sent on to developers.

With 2 cameras, you should be paying $60 a year.

Find out how much of a discount your homeowners/renters insurance would give you for having professional monitoring. Even at $40 which would be a wash, you would benefit from extended warranty on your alarm system and cameras. And of course, central staton responding to an event even if they cannot reach you…