Disarm/arm Ring Alarm based on time

This is such a major feature flaw with security impacts. Given all I have read, we the community should consider initiating a class-action suit to get this resolved. Based on two factors: 1. Basic feature missing from product discovered after financial, time, and home modification/value investment and the security risks presented by third-party solutions.

2 Likes

Yes, a free third-party is suspicious. Software costs money, so what is their source? I’ve recommended we explore a class action against ring to get this resolved. If the community bands together the feature can obviously be introduced to base stations.

Thank you for introducing us all to Simple Commands. Shows what is possible. Concerned about a free third-party service who we don’t know how it is funded tho’. Any ideas?

This needs to be a feature. ADT has this as one of their features, and ring is better than ADT… How Ring can make this happen. It is extremely valuable and can help homeowners as well as businesses that have a set schedule and can program this into the system.

I am pleased with my ring alarm but the arm-disarm schedule is a must for me, we forget to arm the system at night sometimes and every alarm i have had before had that feature … also disarming in the morning is important

Any update on this feature @Ring Support? Can’t beleive this feature is not available and have to look for 3rd party integration.

I’ve just replaced my security system with a complete Ring including internal security system and outdoor ring cameras but little disappointed with the lack of arm/disarm scehdule feature.

Hi @mpatelp. There is no update or ETA on this feature at this time. I’d suggest keeping an eye on our News and Announcements board, as we’ll post new product releases and updates here. This is the best place to check to stay up to date with new features and releases! :slight_smile:

Until Ring makes this feature available natively, we can use Alexa routine. I believe you can use the Alex routine even if you don’t own an echo device by using your phone and the Alexa app.

I just set up two routines, one for arm and another for disarm, at certain time of the day and it is working perfectly.

The routine to disarm was a little tricky but I got it working by using "Disarm Ring. " ". " “.” “.” “. One two three four” as Alexa command. The blank quotes are used to give a little pause (not sure if it is really necessary) and the rest is your Ring voice code.

Hope this helps someone as I struggled for few days trying to figure this out.

3 Likes

It’s been over a year since this thread was started and still no resolution. My Comcast security system had it. It was very simple.

1 Like

Can you schedule power to the base station as a workaround? Like others, this product is useless to me without scheduling, so I’m trying to figure out if there’s a workaround.

To answer my own question: Battery backup means you cannot use a power switch to arm / disarm the base station, so that workaround is a failure. Also, alexa routines do not work from an iphone unless the app is open.

After 4 hours of frustration and tech support, I’m returning my ring alarm system. What a piece of junk. I’m going to get a “driveway alarm” and hook the base station up to a day / night power switch. Less than half the cost of Ring, has solar power so no replacing batteries, and has scheduling. Avoid Ring!

This is what I did to set my Ring alarm to Arm in Home mode at a certain time everyday.

You can chose Away mode aswell, but most people usually schedule it to come on when they head to bed, which is normally Home mode.

Before this can work, you have to have two devices (example: my echo & Fire Cube) near each other so they can hear each other. My devices are about 10ft apart. If they are further, just higher the volume enough so each one can hear the other device.

Go to your Alexa app, go to routine,

1. Give it a name, Ring Alarm Home

2. Chose the time you want the Alarm to be set, 10:00 pm

3. Chose what you want Alexa to say, “Alexa, Set Ring Alarm to Home”

4. Chose what device you want it to come from: My echo

At 10pm, my echo will say “Alexa, Set Ring Alarm to Home”

then Fire cube will hear it and repeat it and start the arming the alarm.

Thats it! You will never have to worry about having to set the alarm manually again!

You can do the same to Disarm it, just have my echo say, "Alexa, Disarm Ring, (put in Wait 5 seconds as a delay) then type in what you want Alexa to say your password is, One, Two, Three, Four, I would suggest you spell the numbers out, because Alexa would say One Thousand two hundred and thirty four.

Hope this helps everyone!

2 Likes

TO RING SUPPORT - any update on this. This really does seem a fundamental oversight with the system. SC schedule doesn’t seem to work and bouncing voice commands off other devices will just convince my wife further, all these gadgets are just a wind up!

2 Likes

This is silly. No reason we should do without scheduling on Ring Alarm. Just fix this Ring!
I’m not interested in inviting Amazon into my home with a pile of their devices just to try and get a simple alarm to go on and off.

1 Like

Amazon bought Ring at the end of July 2020. I expect that everyone that made Ring successful is off on a tropical beach somewhere enjoying their millions, meanwhile the worker bees at Amazon are trying to rationalize the executive decision to buy Ring by forcing us to very awkwardly use an Alexa product that really doesn’t work for this scenario.

Thanks so much! With that I won’t need to use SimpleCommand.

I just switched from Xfinity Home to Ring, and missed the option to disarm every morning at a specific time. I was able to use Simple Commands to create the disarm alarm routine and added it to my Alexa Scenes. From there it was easy to create the Alexa Routine to complete the task, and it worked perfectly. Simple commands also helps to make the MyQ Garage Door Opener work via voice command as well. It’s a really helpful app.

@Marley_Ring wrote:

Hello @Jbros55 ! At this time Alarm mode scheduling is not a supported feature. I’ll be happy to share this with the team to reinforce the value behind it, as other neighbors have also shared interest in this. Thank you for checking and sharing with the Community! :slight_smile:

Is it already known when this option will be available?
1 Like

Hi @Gampie. There is not an expected time of when/if this feature will be available. The best way to bring light to this feature is with our Feature Request Board. :smiley:

1 Like

When will Disarm/arm Ring Alarm based on time be added as a feature. Forget the kind double talk. When? When? When?

1 Like