Disarm/arm Ring Alarm based on time

I’ve started having the same proplem over the weekend. I rebuilt my routines with mixted results. Last night I discovered this link about using SMS Companion. 360038221513-How-to-control-your-Ring-devices-through-SMS-with-SimpleCommands

I don’t know if this will sove the problem as I haven’t had a chance to set it up!

1 Like

Please can we get this feature soon? It’s really annoying to do this mannually everyday or risk the security to go through a 3rd party app for such an essential function.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! I would recommend heading over to our Feature Request Board and giving this idea an upvote. Giving upvotes to ideas in this board is great way to show your liking for a feature to be added. In addition, our team gathers and collects the ideas neighbors bring here to then bring to the appropriate teams to showcase neighbors’ wants to see if this is something we can bring to the future of your ring of security. Feedback from our Community is the best way to let Ring know what we can improve on. Keep the good ideas coming!

1 Like

“Add ability to automatically arm/disarm at certain times” is currently the 6th top idea with 75 upvotes.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Add-ability-to-automatically-arm-disarm-at-certain-times/idi-p/43713

This is a much needed feature… Ring team pls add this. I also used two Alexas talking to each other to arm and disarm. It worked for a while but then it stopped; guessing there was an update.

Thanks. I was looking for a way to support this idea. Really think this feature should be built into the app rather than rely on complex interactions with other apps with security worries

1 Like

It is ridiculous that Ring does not have this feature. Any update on when this will be fixed?

Nothing to fix. It doesn’t have the ability. No timeline… There is a request thread link posted above. Just like not having Geo-fencing as well.

@ring I would like this feature as well or maybe a reminder notification to turn off ring at a certain time

Hello,
Is this feature now available?

Any updates on this?

This is such a major feature flaw with security impacts. Given all I have read, we the community should consider initiating a class-action suit to get this resolved. Based on two factors: 1. Basic feature missing from product discovered after financial, time, and home modification/value investment and the security risks presented by third-party solutions.

2 Likes

Yes, a free third-party is suspicious. Software costs money, so what is their source? I’ve recommended we explore a class action against ring to get this resolved. If the community bands together the feature can obviously be introduced to base stations.

Thank you for introducing us all to Simple Commands. Shows what is possible. Concerned about a free third-party service who we don’t know how it is funded tho’. Any ideas?

This needs to be a feature. ADT has this as one of their features, and ring is better than ADT… How Ring can make this happen. It is extremely valuable and can help homeowners as well as businesses that have a set schedule and can program this into the system.

I am pleased with my ring alarm but the arm-disarm schedule is a must for me, we forget to arm the system at night sometimes and every alarm i have had before had that feature … also disarming in the morning is important

Any update on this feature @Ring Support? Can’t beleive this feature is not available and have to look for 3rd party integration.

I’ve just replaced my security system with a complete Ring including internal security system and outdoor ring cameras but little disappointed with the lack of arm/disarm scehdule feature.

Hi @mpatelp. There is no update or ETA on this feature at this time. I’d suggest keeping an eye on our News and Announcements board, as we’ll post new product releases and updates here. This is the best place to check to stay up to date with new features and releases! :slight_smile:

Until Ring makes this feature available natively, we can use Alexa routine. I believe you can use the Alex routine even if you don’t own an echo device by using your phone and the Alexa app.

I just set up two routines, one for arm and another for disarm, at certain time of the day and it is working perfectly.

The routine to disarm was a little tricky but I got it working by using "Disarm Ring. " ". " “.” “.” “. One two three four” as Alexa command. The blank quotes are used to give a little pause (not sure if it is really necessary) and the rest is your Ring voice code.

Hope this helps someone as I struggled for few days trying to figure this out.

3 Likes

It’s been over a year since this thread was started and still no resolution. My Comcast security system had it. It was very simple.

1 Like