Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable keypad's "full battery" indicator LED light

New Neighbor

Re: Disable keypad's "full battery" indicator LED light

Please please please add this feature.
New Neighbor

Even with a three layer thick a piece of painters tape over it, it is still too bright. This shouldn't be a hard change.
New Neighbor

Please, please, please allow us to disable. I just hooked ours up last night and that thing is ridiculous. Thanks. 

New Neighbor

Just got my alarm yesterday and... yup, you guessed it, I am here and can not believe the intensity of the GREEN LED.

H E L P.
New Neighbor

I just installed the Ring alarm system with the keypad in the bedroom (prior to seeing this forum) and I agree the battery status light is like having a green strobe light in the bedroom - very distracting at night while trying to watch TV or sleep. I would prefer to be distracting when there is a battery issue - not have this be normal operation (manage the exception). 

New Neighbor

Does Ring even look at these messages? The chain of this message has been going for 7 months and no comments from Ring
New Neighbor

No they don’t it’s a community forum. The only way to get it addressed is to raise a support case referencing it.
New Neighbor

Yup, this light is pretty bright and difficult to sleep with.

New Neighbor

All the lights should be much dimmer. We're probably going to put it in another room. By far my biggest complaint about the system so far. (Just installed it tonight).
New Neighbor

I hope I am not missing something in the thread here or just being too obvious but the lights do seem to get very dim when the keypad is not plugged into the power supply.  Okay, they're not really dim, they're off.  They light back up if  you touch a button.  You can just plug the power supply into a timed outlet (smart plug or old fashioned timer) so that it only charges during the day and you rely on battery power at night.  What do you think?