Disable keypad's "full battery" indicator LED light

The big question is, does the soon-to-be-released second generation keypad have this issue (or anything like it)? It appears to be a completely new design, so presumably they wouldn’t make the same mistake twice.

Please give us this feature update, thank you!

2 Likes

Of course they won’t push an update, they want us to spend $50 on new keypads that don’t even have this LED!

3 Likes

Another request for this feature please!

1 Like

I probably already know the answer to this but I have to ask -

Is the super bright green light battery indicator issue ever going to be addressed or is the solution electrical tape?

If it is not going to be addressed it would be nice if Ring provided a very dark gel circle to place over the light that would effectively make it very dim but still allow a trouble light to show.

And maybe acknowledge it was a very poor design.

No it will not be fixed. There is no way to fix the light issue with software changes.

Ring has since released a newer keypad with no lights. So we either buy a new one or use tape…

Has a solution been found after all this time? Can keypad lights be dimmed?

It’s been stated by Ring, that it can’t be done due to the hardware. So, there is not fix coming. Most just place tape over the light…

Re: Disable keypad’s “full battery” indicator LED light

1 Like

Just today I noticed that the green battery indicator is off. Did it break, or is this intentional? Perhaps I am blessed either way!

1 Like

My is off now also as of Friday. Not sure why though.

My green light just disappeared after a firmware update.

1 Like

Can confirm, three keypads that are plugged in 24/7 received the firmware update this afternoon (4-17-21) and the green lights on all three are now off while plugged in.

I noticed the mode LED (blue for disarmed, red for home and armed) now blinks or flickers once a minute on the keypads. It might have always been that way, but if it was I never noticed it before. It happens very briefly and if you blink you’ll miss it, so maybe I just never noticed it before. I got a stopwatch and timed it and it happens at exactly one minute increments, so it seems intentional.

Edit: Upon closer inspection, the flickering of the mode LEDs is not really at one minute intervals, and appears to just be random and frequent.

Hi neighbors, there was a recent firmware update that addresses this neighbor-requested features. When your Keypad is fully charged, the battery icon LED will now turn off. In addition, when using a Keypad that is plugged in, the mode LED will blink once a minute to remind you of your alarm’s current mode.

2 Likes

Same behavior here. Thought I got hacked but I guess it is an enhancement. I think the Ring iOS app should get updated with the ability to enable or disable the green battery LED when fully charged. Now I have an LED on my keypad that will never light up. I actually liked having the solid green light to remind me that all was well with the keypad. I think the customer should be able to decide if they do or do not want the light enabled.

2 Likes

Hi Marley. Are you sure about the keypad blinking once per minute to remind us of the current mode? My keypads are always plugged in and the mode light is always on (not blinking). Did you mean when using a keypad that ISN’T plugged in?

Same here - I logged on to search the forums because I thought something had gone wrong with my keypad, as the light was suddenly out. I guess we are in the minority - I liked it also, as mine is positioned at the bottom of my stairs and it was a bit of illumination at night so I didn’t need a nightlight. I’d second the request for a light enable/disable toggle in the app.

Also, as myfriendscallmezee said, mine does not blink once per minute while plugged in, either.

Suggest Ring update there web site details as this still states a solid green light means everything is okay.

Hello! Stupid question. I have an old wired alarm system that I am converting to a Ring.

The old key pads were powered by inline power supply.

Is it possible to wire the new Gen 2 keypads with constant power? (May have to cut the cable and splice to the old wires alarm power)

Basically can the keypad be have power on al the time?

Thank you!!

Hi @Maprz. The Ring Alarm Keypads are not designed to be hardwired. They come with a plug-in charger that plugs into a standard wall outlet, which you can leave plugged in all of the time if you wish. We do not advise cutting any cables or attempting to wire the Keypad in any other way.