Disable keypad's "full battery" indicator LED light

@j0fer wrote:

It’s not necessarily just a matter of firmware, there has to be controlling circuitry in place to dim an LED. Since there seems to be only two states for the battery LED (off and on), there may only be on-off switching circuitry in place for the firmware to control. If that’s the case, it will take a HARDWARE upgrade to be able to control the brightness of that LED.

(the circuitry providing this functionality must have already been in place for the buttons, which I suppose are a separate assembly part)

There are more than two states to this LED, it has multi color capability.

Nobody is asking for a brightness slider on this, but simply the ability to turn the LED off.

i have merely compared to the fact that ring implemented a brightness slider to control the alarm status LED which seemingly nobody asked for, and did so months ago.

These keypads are perfectly capable of an update to allow turning this LED off,

ring’s customer service & support is just abismal… I used to recommend ring line of products until a few months of ownership. Now I’ll never let anyone I know come within 10 feet of ring products, better customer support and action taken to fix things or implement new features with competitors’ systems like my new 8ch NVR and PIR sensing cameras :slight_smile: