Disable keypad's "full battery" indicator LED light

I hate to break the bad news to y’all, but I think we’ve all been “had.” I’ve been “sort of communicating“ with a Ring Alarm Neighbor Advocate that identifies as “Heather K.” but I really don’t believe this person exists. The same rhetoric that is here shows up in emails to me explaining their deep concern and promise that a fix is on its way. Mind you, dimming this LED has now baffled Ring’s engineers for 7 months…but rest assured they are diligently working on a solution. I’m pretty sure no one at Ring is reading these posts at all. After a quick deflection of the issue by Ring upon first posting, the rest of the complaints go into some cone of silence. But that’s just the start… here’s some more frustration for you too look forward to… wrong addresses show up on the “incidents map” in the Ring app and they can’t fix it. Ring’s Alarm license team doesn’t really know if you need an alarm permit or not (be sure to double check with your local government because I was told to obtain a permit from a city I don’t even live in). The automated system that responds to an alarm activation has my name wrong. Something is wrong in Denmark, folks. It’s not business as usual at Ring.

1 Like