Deceptive customer service

We had no issues with our Ring 2 doorbell for almost two years and then all of a sudden the battery stopped lasting more than a few days. We figured it was just time for a new battery so we purchased a replacement and got the same result. After calling Ring and getting the typical “oh it’s probably the cold weather” excuse and “maybe you’re too far from your router” line they gave up trying to blame us and offered a $100 discount towards a new Ring. That sounded fair until I tried to use the discount code and found that (a) it was only vaid at the Ring site which deals in USD, and (b) my discount was only $70 US, and © it wasn’t valid on any sale items, and (d) it wasn’t valid for any items other than the exact doorbell we had. So we’re looking at a “discounted” price of $130 US meanwhile I can get a Ring Pro bundle with Chime Pro and Amazon Echo Show for $165 US with no coupon. So no thanks Ring - we will take our business to NEST.

Hi @ bored_of_the_rings. I appreciate your feedback on this process and will certainly share it with the appropriate teams. At Ring we are always working to improve and provide new features and devices. For now, I recommend starting with a new battery to see if that improves your experience with the Doorbell 2. Another option to consider is our Doorbell Pro, which would eliminate any battery concerns as this model operates off of voltage power. Again, thank you for the feedback and happy holidays!

Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hi @ bored_of_the_rings. I appreciate your feedback on this process and will certainly share it with the appropriate teams. At Ring we are always working to improve and provide new features and devices. For now, I recommend starting with a new battery to see if that improves your experience with the Doorbell 2. Another option to consider is our Doorbell Pro, which would eliminate any battery concerns as this model operates off of voltage power. Again, thank you for the feedback and happy holidays!

…read if anyone had any doubts about Chelsea_Ring being a bot (note the complete oversight that the OP had already replaced with a new battery). Can also look at Chelsea_Ring’s posts with time stamps and conclude it’s not likely a person is that fast responding to posts (multiple post responses per minute).

To the OP - if you do choose the Ring Video Doorbell Pro, check the “Device Health” and confirm that the firmware reads: “Up to Date”. If the firmware reads anything otherwise, especially if it’s 1.16.00272, I’d do some more research on this forum to decide for yourself if this is the right solution for you.