Contact sensor will not reconnect after battery change

I had a sensor that kept going offline every couple of days, I thought it might be the battery so I changed that. After changing the battery it showed tampered. No matter how I adjusted the case it still show tampered. So I thought I would remove the sensor and reconnect it.

At first it would reconnect but with errors, and now it will not reconnect at all. I am trying to set it up being about 5’ from the base station so I know I am close enough. I am stuck at how to get this contact sensor up and going again. This sensor it not even a year old.

Thanks for any help

Will not reconnect

Hey neighbors! If you are trying to reconnect your Alarm devices and they will not reconnect, please try to factory reset the device, and then set it up again. In the event that the device will still not pair when near the Base Station, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.