Contact sensor saying door open

Just installed my Ring alarm, all components work great minus the contact sensor on my front door. It’s about 5 ft from the base and 15 feet from range extender. As soon as a tried configuring this sensor out of the box it says the door is open when it’s closed. All other contact sensors worked great right out of the box.

1 Like

Hi @patrick_durkin. Try pressing and holding the communication button for 3 seconds, then releasing. This should prompt the Contact Sensor to register correctly. If not, you may need to reset the Contact Sensor. I hope this information helps!

I’m having the same issue with the front door sensor, and have tried resetting it twice but it still says front door is open.

Did you ever find a solution?

Hi neighbors. If you have tried the steps mentioned by Tom and are still having the same concern, reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.