Contact sensor goes offline

I have 1 sensor that, after months of reliability, will not stay online. The sensor is on a door less that 10 feet from an Extender and about 20 feet from the base station. About 10 days ago it disappeared from my managed devices. I had to remove the sensor and take it to the base station to re-pair.

The sensor now goes off line every day. I have to manually reconnect it using the app. The battery shows that it is fully charged.

I am not impressed that a sensor just vanished from my managed devices and not happy that I have to reconnect it on a daily basis.

Sorry to hear about this experience @Art2Sect4! If you have another Contact Sensor or Motion Detector, try swapping the battery to see if a low battery might be causing it to go offline. Additionally, a good test for connection in the area could also be to place the Keypad nearby and monitor it’s connection there.

I recommend reaching out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, for more indepth troubleshooting on this matter. Please let us know how this goes!

Hi neighbor. Testing different batteries and how other Alarm devices connect in the same area is a great start. A Contact Sensor should not remove itself, and should allow for an easy reconnection if it does fall offline.

The next best step will be resetting your Contact Sensor. Here is our Help Center article with a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting and resetting your Contact Sensor.

As always, our support team is always happy to assist further, if needed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.