Contact sensor depleting batteries too often

Everything star couple month ago, the sensor disconect and drain the batteries just like that, please see the attached file with a sample of the History, this happen only with this contac I already replaced the batteries X2 3 times in less than a month.

Hi @JR_Ring! It is odd to hear of batteries draining this quickly. As you mentioned just replacing this battery last month, the Contact Sensor battery should last much longer than 1 month. As described in our help center article, it can last for up to 3 years depending on use. Please ensure the Contact Sensor is being used indoors and not too far from the Base Station. If this concern persists, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I attach a file with the picture of the sensor, is located indoor, back door with access to my back yard, and yes this sensor depleted the bateries that came from the factory in Augost, then I bought a new set and depleted in September, and when depleted the second set (I guessed that the batteries probably came bad), and i took from another sensor the batteries and it just depleted this monday, and I know that this is not normal.

In reference to the numbers that you propouse, I already called more than 5 times, there is no person in the other side to talk, is just a answering machine and there is no option for faulty sensors or faulty equipment, that number is nothing, I need a phone or email from a representative or technitian to follow this problem, my alarm is in warranty and I woiuld like this contact sensor be replaced by a new one, i wild send back the faulty sensor i just don’t wan’t it, i just need to solve this, I have to bypass every night the alarm this door is important for the safety of my house and family.

Sorry to hear about this @JR_Ring! When calling into the support number, and after selecting the desired language, please follow these steps to reach support:

1. Select option 2 (Hardware and Devices).
  2. Next, select option 5 (Ring Alarm).
  3. Next, select option 1 (Stating that you can access the Ring app)
  4. You may follow the instructions to then verify, OR you can wait for the end of the instructional audio in which option 3 will get you through to support.

Check out our help center article about account verification, for quicker service in the future. :slight_smile: