Contact Sensor too big for any windows blinds or shades

I switched to Ring from LifeShield/ADT. I did not notice one fatal flow with the Ring.

The ring contact sensor depth is 1". That’s huge for any window with blinds or shades. Check it out! All blinds and shades are flushed and attached very close to the window. That does not leave any space for 1" sensor.

If you have a 2-story home, using Stay mode is useless. It does not serve any purpose. Windows can not be protected with this big sensor.

When is Ring going to fix this issue?

Thank you for this feedback @Neighbour34! We are always working to add to and improve our devices and features. Feel free to add this to the Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

Also, check out our help center article for help with different mounting scenarios. We also offer a slim magnet on our website which may help for tighter spaces. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply.

I had looked into the article on different mounting positions. That does not solve the problem.

The small magnet does not solve the problem either. Because both the sensor and magnet need to be thinner. Blind or shade is flushed with the window. So not much space left for a large sensor. A flat sensor would work even if it is large say 1" by 3" with 0.5" deep. But 1" deep sensor can not work.

You are absolutely right ! ! ! ! !

Smaller sensors are absolutely needed & they are needed NOW ! ! ! ! !

After posting a negative review on Amazon, I was able to be in E-Mail correspondence with a Ring Support person who I thought was actually getting feedback from someone in authority.

But, after being promised smaller contacts by a certain date 3 times, I am now convinced that Ring will literally lie to you to placate you into believing that they actually care about what the consumers actually need.

Same thing applies to Ring telling you to “request” it.

Has anyone ever seen anthing done by Ring that was requested by any of you?

Ring should quit coming up with new products until they perfect the ones that are already out.

Hi neighbors. We can understand your desire for additional features and options. Rest assured, our teams are always working to improve and add to your “Ring of security”.

Our Community is a peer to peer environment where neighbors can interact, share ideas, assist one another, and ask questions. As we value all neighbor feedback, we are certainly sharing requests and experiences with the appropriate teams for reinforcing and considering future implementations. Our new Feature Request board creates an even better way for these requests to be made.

Please also ensure we are following the Community Guidelines to keep the Community the best it can be for all neighbors.