Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Sensor chirp on close?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Contact Sensor chirp on close?

The base station chirps when you open a window or door, but not when it closes again?

Is this a setting I’m missing or a basic feature missing?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Contact Sensor chirp on close?

We appreciate this feedback neighbors! At this time the audible chirp will sound for a contact sensor opening, but not for closing. This sounds like an awesome feature, and I'll share these requests with the team right away.  Thanks again for being the best part of the Community.  Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Neighbor II

Go to settings,devices, alarm base station, then the sensor you want to alter.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

If you mean these, those are app push alerts. With both those disabled, the base station makes an audio noise when you open the door/window, but not when you close it.
Highlighted
New Neighbor III

@AdmanNZ wrote:
If you mean these, those are app push alerts. With both those disabled, the base station makes an audio noise when you open the door/window, but not when you close it.

In your attached image, both open and closed alerts are turned off.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Correct. Configured this way, the base station makes an audio when the door is opened only.

If I enable either of those, I get a notification in the mobile app, but it does nothing to alter the behavior of the base station.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I, too, would like to hear a chirp when a door or window is closed.  I believe a double-chirp on open is how it should remain and a single-chirp should occur on close.

Highlighted
Community Manager

We appreciate this feedback neighbors! At this time the audible chirp will sound for a contact sensor opening, but not for closing. This sounds like an awesome feature, and I'll share these requests with the team right away.  Thanks again for being the best part of the Community.  Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Awesome, thanks! Our previous alarms did this, it's really handy to hear things open, but then also to close again as well. Any change in status Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Neighbor

ASAP.  Many thanks!

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Any update on this? I too think a closing chirp feature is a must as most all other alarm systems I've used have that feature. Without it I have no way of being sure my kid or whoever closed the door on the way in/out without stopping what I'm doing and walking over there, or grabbing my phone and checking the app every single time.