Contact Sensor chirp on close?

The base station chirps when you open a window or door, but not when it closes again?

Is this a setting I’m missing or a basic feature missing?

9 Likes

Go to settings,devices, alarm base station, then the sensor you want to alter.

2 Likes

If you mean these, those are app push alerts. With both those disabled, the base station makes an audio noise when you open the door/window, but not when you close it.

1 Like

@AdmanNZ wrote:
If you mean these, those are app push alerts. With both those disabled, the base station makes an audio noise when you open the door/window, but not when you close it.

In your attached image, both open and closed alerts are turned off.

1 Like

Correct. Configured this way, the base station makes an audio when the door is opened only.

If I enable either of those, I get a notification in the mobile app, but it does nothing to alter the behavior of the base station.

1 Like

I, too, would like to hear a chirp when a door or window is closed. I believe a double-chirp on open is how it should remain and a single-chirp should occur on close.

4 Likes

We appreciate this feedback neighbors! At this time the audible chirp will sound for a contact sensor opening, but not for closing. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature. Thanks again for being the best part of the Community. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks! Our previous alarms did this, it’s really handy to hear things open, but then also to close again as well. Any change in status :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ASAP. Many thanks!

1 Like

Any update on this? I too think a closing chirp feature is a must as most all other alarm systems I’ve used have that feature. Without it I have no way of being sure my kid or whoever closed the door on the way in/out without stopping what I’m doing and walking over there, or grabbing my phone and checking the app every single time.

2 Likes

Do you have a solution yet for this problem? I just migrated from an alarm system chirps both on opening and closing to the Ring system that only chirps on opening. I desperately need this system upgraded to chirp on opening and closing as againts the current system that cirps only on opening

Hello, Marley, I am seeing this thread as an ‘Accepted Solution’ but it has not been resolved! Could you please open the thread back up as unresloved? We need a true resolution to this!

1 Like

Please keep request open. I just got a ring alarm system and I expected this feature to exsit.

1 Like

I agree the impementation of advanced audible alerts really needs enhancements and more control.

In the mean time, I was able to create Alexa routines for each door to play from dedicated Echo devices. Which do exactly what youre looking for. Its a bit cumbersome to do but works. One routine Back door open, another foe back door closed. Another for garage door open/closed etc. It does work to implement but would be nice if ring could automate it as an option in the Ring enviroment.

It would also be great if we could get entry exit delays and alarm/siren features in the Echo devices as well.

1 Like

Found a way to schedule so sounds dont happen from Alexa devices durring scheduled periods.
Using “Do Not Disturb” enabled on selected Echos. Solved my issues of motion announcements in my daughters room after bed time.

1 Like

Please add the option to Chirp when sensors close! This is so common for alarm systems. I just installed a Retrofit for a 30-year-old wired system, and was dismayed that chirp on close is not yet an option for Ring (even though sending notifications to your phone IS).

2 Likes

I would love this feature as well. Just changed my service from wink and miss the tone on close. It’s nice to know the door is actually shut where someone leaves, a nice safeguard without having to go check. I don’t always have my phone in my pocket to see the notification.

Any updates yet? I’m surprised this isn’t a standard feature? My old, 10 year old security system had this.

In addition to alert on close, other alarms also repeatedly chirp or notify for as long the sensor is open. This is critical missing feature that is available on all other alarm systems.

I agree, this is a needed feature. 2 chimes for open and 1 for closed. It’s great that I’m alerted the door was opened but now I have to keep getting up to verify that it’s been closed.