cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Amazon Alexa devices and your Ring? Post them in our new Amazon Alexa board!

Contact Sensor chirp on close?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Contact Sensor chirp on close?

It is quite obvious this topic is not a priority with Ring.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I agree...however I just look in the app to see if any of the doors/windows are open since they tell you that. No need to keep getting up.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Can you guys make this happen? We want to hear a sound from the base when the door closes!
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Thank you for continuing to show your interest in a possible Sensor closed chirp for the Ring Alarm system. We do not have an ETA at this time of when and if this will be a feature. When we have a good update on this, we will make sure to let you know! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I'm new to Ring security and this forum.  I didn't see a button for "accept solution", but I did click on Kudos for the fact that someone else had the same question.

However, I would like to point out that reporting the suggestion to the Ring Team really isn't a solution to the question.  I've seen "reporting the issue" as the solution on several of these questions in the forum - that is disappointing.  I think it would be better to leave the question as unsolved - until the Ring Team adds the solution to a software update.  Marking it as solved gives the impression that the issue no longer exists and was fixed Smiley Sad.

Just my opinion Smiley Wink

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Not only do we need this, but we NEED CUSTOM CHIRP TONES...the five or so preloaded tones are not enough and it's hard to distinguish between which door is being opened vs which window when you have a lot of sensors installed. Other security systems will verbally read back to you which sensor is being triggered, "Fault, Front Door" "Fault, Bedroom Window" We NEED this in the ring system! PLEASE!