Contact Sensor chirp on close?

I would love this feature as well. Just changed my service from wink and miss the tone on close. It’s nice to know the door is actually shut where someone leaves, a nice safeguard without having to go check. I don’t always have my phone in my pocket to see the notification.

Any updates yet? I’m surprised this isn’t a standard feature? My old, 10 year old security system had this.

In addition to alert on close, other alarms also repeatedly chirp or notify for as long the sensor is open. This is critical missing feature that is available on all other alarm systems.

I agree, this is a needed feature. 2 chimes for open and 1 for closed. It’s great that I’m alerted the door was opened but now I have to keep getting up to verify that it’s been closed.

It is quite obvious this topic is not a priority with Ring.

I agree…however I just look in the app to see if any of the doors/windows are open since they tell you that. No need to keep getting up.

1 Like

Can you guys make this happen? We want to hear a sound from the base when the door closes!

1 Like

Hey neighbors! Thank you for continuing to show your interest in a possible Sensor closed chirp for the Ring Alarm system. We do not have an ETA at this time of when and if this will be a feature. When we have a good update on this, we will make sure to let you know! Smiley Happy

I’m new to Ring security and this forum. I didn’t see a button for “accept solution”, but I did click on Kudos for the fact that someone else had the same question.

However, I would like to point out that reporting the suggestion to the Ring Team really isn’t a solution to the question. I’ve seen “reporting the issue” as the solution on several of these questions in the forum - that is disappointing. I think it would be better to leave the question as unsolved - until the Ring Team adds the solution to a software update. Marking it as solved gives the impression that the issue no longer exists and was fixed :(.

Just my opinion :wink:

2 Likes

Not only do we need this, but we NEED CUSTOM CHIRP TONES…the five or so preloaded tones are not enough and it’s hard to distinguish between which door is being opened vs which window when you have a lot of sensors installed. Other security systems will verbally read back to you which sensor is being triggered, “Fault, Front Door” “Fault, Bedroom Window” We NEED this in the ring system! PLEASE!

3 Likes

I too would like a chirp on close… no way to know if door window is closed.

1 Like

Adding on to the numerous replies that this feature is needed. We bought Ring to replace XFINITY home and I realized the close chirp was missing immediately upon installing the first door sensor. We have a toddler who has been known to run outside when a door is opened, so I always listen attentively for the close alert to quickly follow when a door is opened (with XFINITY). I understand that you can look at the app, but that takes way more time and effort, especially when you’ve got your hands full already, than simply listening for a chirp.

1 Like

How is sharing a request with team a ‘solution’ - I’m a software developer and when a feature request comes in it is not closed until it has actually been implemented. How is this considered ‘Solved’?!?!?! Absolute crap!

For those waiting for this feature to be implemented. If you have an echo smart speaker you can setup a Routine to run when door closes and you have choice to play a few different sounds or make Alexa say something like ‘Front Door Closed’ which is what I did - I set one up for each door.

1 Like

How do you set the Routine for this in Echo?

Kind of silly that there isn’t an option for a door close chime and custom tones.

Please add these fatties!

I could have sworn I looked if there was an option in the Alexa app, I see it today, but could swear I looked last week. Oh well,

Works like a charm!

I would also like to see this feature added, so we get a chirp on a sensor closed also.

4 pages of requests on just this one thread.
come on, you have programmers that work there right?
This is low hanging fruit, type it up.

I agree with all the above comments… This is a standard feature on alarms 10+ years old. This is a quick programming fix and it’s something that clearly a lot of your customers are asking for. Add it!