Contact Sensor Alarm settings

Is it possible to change how contact sensors work when in Home (Armed Mode)?

I want to be able to have my contact sensors go off with more than a chiro and preferably the alarm when I’m Home (Armed).

Kind of like an overnight setting. Or should I be using Away mode overnight?

Hey @DefStatic. By default, all Contact Sensors should be monitored in Home mode, but all Motion Detectors will be disabled. You can verify what your settings are set up as in your Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > Modes and exploring how you have the sensors set up for Home and Away mode. You can have them disabled or enabled in either mode, deciding which ones should set off your alarm or not! If you wish to turn the sounds to a different chirp when they open and close, you can do this from the Device’s profile page > Chirps at any time within your Devices.

For some reason the first time I tested Home Protected mode, it had a countdown when the door was opened.

Since then it does not. Is this a setting I changed? My guess is a setting based on entry door vs other door?

@DefStatic You’re right, if you want a Contact Sensor to have an entry delay when your system is in Home or Away mode and armed, you will need to ensure the Contact Sensor is listed as a Main Door in your system. You can see how a sensor is listed in the Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Contact Sensor > Gear Icon at the top right > Placement.

If you have it set as Main Door and you are not getting the delay, ensure you have a delay set up under your Mode settings in the Ring app > Main Menu > Settings > Modes. If you still have this concern after the fact, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.