Change mode with security alarms

Hi,

I have a few cameras at home and I use modes to turn them on when I leave. I will buy the Ring Alarm Security Kit and I’d like to know if I will be able to configure the modes of the cameras ? When I put the alarms on the away mode it’d be cool if the Stick Up Cams switches also in this mode. Is that possible ?

Thank you.

1 Like

@Boris wrote:

Hi, I have a few cameras at home and I use modes to turn them on when I leave. I will buy the Ring Alarm Security Kit and I’d like to know if I will be able to configure the modes of the cameras ? When I put the alarms on the away mode it’d be cool if the Stick Up Cams switches also in this mode. Is that possible ? Thank you.

When you said, “be able to configure the modes of the cameras”, did you mean turn the cameras ON and OFF using the Security Alarm Mode Settings? Then the answer is Yes.

For example, in Alarm Mode “Disarmed” I have my interior cameras disabled for privacy while I’m home, but I have my exterior Stick-up cameras active. In “Home” alarm mode, I enabled all my Indoor cameras, except a camera in one room . . . “wink wink.” And in “Away” mode all my cameras inside and outside are active. These Alarm Security Modes also control which other alarm sensors (motion & contact) that you want disabled or active for each mode, all tailored to your specific needs.

I hope you find this information helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Boone wrote:

When you said, “be able to configure the modes of the cameras”, did you mean turn the cameras ON and OFF using the Security Alarm Mode Settings? Then the answer is Yes.

Yes exactly. Thank you for your answer. Now I just need to wait that the Ring Alarm is available in my country (France).

Thank you again.

2 Likes