Cat Motion Detector

Hi there! So I have two cats and I was wondering if they both we’re to be in the same place as the motion detector, would it detect them as two _seperate _30 pounds or less activity, or combine their weight and then it may set off the alarm? Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

@bailey03 wrote:

Hi there! So I have two cats and I was wondering if they both we’re to be in the same place as the motion detector, would it detect them as two _seperate _30 pounds or less activity, or combine their weight and then it may set off the alarm? Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this. Thanks so much!

I have 3 cats, one of which is a bigger boy about 16ish pounds. When I first installed my Ring alarm, I set 2 motion detectors at the highest most sensitive setting and they did trip both of the sensors. I’ve since changed the sensitivity back down to the middle setting and they’ve never tripped either one again.

You get 3 motion sensitivity settings for the motion sensors. I recommend just leaving them set to the default, center position and you’ll be fine. They’ll have no issue detecting you, or people, and will not pick up your cats.

After I installed my alarm, I only armed it in Home mode for the first week or so even if I was away, and set up alerts for those 2 motion sensors so I’d get a notification, day or night if they were tripped. This is how I knew the cats were tripping them over night, or when I wasn’t home. Again, returning the sensitivity to the default setting and they’ve been fine.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! That’s very helpful. I have it on the default setting and will conitnue to monitor it during my trial period. Thanks again!

1 Like