Cannot get new system to connect to wifi

I am attempting to set up a new alarm system, and I cannot get the base station to connect to wifi (Linksys WRT1900AC v2 router running DD-WRT firmware). I am attempting to connect to a 2.4Ghz connection that I have various other deviced connected to, including a Ring doorbell which isfunctioning fine. I have placed the base station within feet of my wifi router without any obstructions. The signal strength indicator next to the network name shows full. I have tried restarting my router, resetting the base station, and restarting my phone running the app. The base station will pair with my phone just fine, but after several attempts to connect to the wifi, I get a “Wi-Fi connection error.” Obviously I have verified I am inputting the correct wifi password.

I even tried assigning the wifi MAC address for the base station a set ip address, still nothing.

1 Like

Did you ever get this to work? I’m having the same issue and after multiple times on the phone with Ring tech support (hours wasted) they say it will not work with a router with dad-wrt firmware even if the VPN is shut off. I think they are just passing the buck and blaming the router for no reason. The router sees the ring doorbell and the doorbell connects to it. My phone sees the doorbell just fine. But the doorbell will not connect to the app. So I think it is a problem within the app and Ting just doesn’t care to fix it. There is no reason it should not work with a Linksys router running dd-wrt that the VPN is shut off on.