Cannot add Yale Smart Lock to app

I am trying to add my Yale Smart Lock (sometimes referred to as YRD100, sometimes B1L) to the app following the instructions which involve removing the battery cover and holding a sync/broadcast button until it beeps twice. I’ve done this several times; however, the Ring iOS app seems stuck in the “listening for device…” state and never seems to find the lock. I’ve tried this several times, doing a factory reset on the lock, etc. to no avail. Has anyone experienced this issue or been successful pairing this lock with their system? Compatibility was a huge driving factor in my investment in this system and I’ve already had to replace existing doorbell chimes, transformers, etc. to get things working–I really don’t want to spend another $150+ replacing my door lock. Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

Hi @robbymarston. You’ll need to make sure that the model of smart lock you have is compatible with the Ring Alarm system, which you can check in our Help Center Article here. If it is not compatible, that would be why you’re experiencing this concern. If it is listed as compatible, I would recommend reaching out to our support team directly for further assistance in getting your smart lock set up. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring, thanks for your response. The model is the Yale Keyfree Push Button Deadbolt B1L (YRD110) which is listed as compatible. That said, I’ll give the support team a call ASAP and see if they have any suggestions. Thanks again!

1 Like

I have similar challenges with Yale YRD120 which is listed as compatible. What did you do additional to add YRD110.

Appreciate if you can provide me some help.
Thanks
Siva

1 Like

Same issue here. I haven’t reached out to ring yet, I tried having Yale talk me through it, they couldn’t figure it out.

Hi @hf155. Make sure the Z-Wave smart lock you have is compatible with the Ring Alarm. If this Z-Wave smart lock has been set up previously with a different Z-Wave hub, you may have difficulty setting it up as it won’t be able to join the Ring Alarm’s network. In this case, you usually need to make sure it has been excluded from the other Z-Wave hub before attempting the setup process in the Ring app.

If your Z-Wave smart lock is compatible and has been excluded from any previous Z-Wave hub used but it still will not complete the setup in the Ring app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Ya these responses aren’t helping at all from the “ring support”. I have the 226 and it flat out won’t connect. So how do you disconnect it if it’s connected someone to someone else’s hub? Like someone that may have bought it previously on Amazon…. Still seems odd.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.