Cancel Alarm Call

I have a similar question about the fire alarm call center procedure. This link says that Ring will only call the FIRST emergency contact, and if no one is reached, will dispatch the fire department:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021614892-Getting-a-Call-from-Ring-s-Professional-Monitoring-Center

Smoke/Fire Alarm (triggered by Smoke & CO Listener or First Alert Smoke/CO Alarm)

Your first emergency contact is called first before the emergency responders are dispatched. If the first contact does not answer/requests dispatch, then a dispatch request will be made. The remaining contacts on your list are called, and if anyone can be reached, they are notified of the emergency and may be given the opportunity to try to cancel if it’s a false alarm. If no one can be reached, the monitoring center may leave automated voicemails.

_Please Note: It’s usually not possible to cancel fire department dispatch after it has been requested. __Disarming the alarm will not stop the Monitoring Center from requesting dispatch. _

–> So if I am the first contact and happen to not reachable, and my wife’s cooking sets off the smoke alarm, it sounds like there is no way to prevent an automatic dispatch. She is the second contact, but the trucks have already been dispatched and maybe not cancelable. Is this correct? If so, this is not so good… any other ideas to get two (or three) contact calls BEFORE calling the fire department?

Thanks

John