Base station disconnecting

My base station is going offline about once a week. This is happening despite no interruptions to my internet or power. All my other devices are operating just fine.

The only way to get the base station to reconnect is by rebooting my router.

Any ideas?

My base station disconnects from WiFi 2-3 times per HOUR and is on “cellular” back up. I don’t see this as a reliable system with this many ‘disconnects’.

Not quite the same but rebooting my router did not do anything to solve this.

@hotrodder636 wrote:

My base station disconnects from WiFi 2-3 times per HOUR and is on “cellular” back up. I don’t see this as a reliable system with this many ‘disconnects’.

Not quite the same but rebooting my router did not do anything to solve this.

That sounds very frustrating, but it doesn’t sound like it’s the same problem as mine. Could your Ring be faulty?

I think my problem lies between the Base Station and my router. I’m not sure if it’s something to do with 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi settings. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d really appreciate it.

Hi neighbors. There could be a few things contributing to your Base Station disconnecting from the router. First, how far from the router is your Base Station located? Also, is there any other electronic equipment by it? I would suggest placing the Base Station in a central location in you home, in the open to minimize interference. Lastly, check with your ISP to see if your router does automatic updates/maintenance, as this could be “booting” the base station offline and not allowing it to automatically reconnect. If this is still a concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@Tom_Ring wrote:

Hi neighbors. There could be a few things contributing to your Base Station disconnecting from the router. First, how far from the router is your Base Station located? Also, is there any other electronic equipment by it? I would suggest placing the Base Station in a central location in you home, in the open to minimize interference. Lastly, check with your ISP to see if your router does automatic updates/maintenance, as this could be “booting” the base station offline and not allowing it to automatically reconnect. If this is still a concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I don’t those are the issues with my setup. My Base Station is about 8 feet from my router (across the room, no intervening walls or wifi devices) and I am knowledgeable enough to see that my router is not updating itself when the Base Station is disconnecting.

I think this is some general problem with Amazon devices, as my Echo Show also disconnects periodically. No other wifi devices in the house experience any connection problems.

But when I get the chance, I’ll try calling support to see if they can shed any light on this, as it is very irritating.

1 Like