Base station constant power loss and restore

For the past couple of weeks my Ring Base Station has been reporting power loss and almost instantly, power restored without the power ever going out. The power adapter is in an area where nobody can accidentally unplug it and it snugly connected to the outlet. I don’t know why this is happening. Please help.

1 Like

Hey @stephanejap! Great job checking the power adapter, as that is the best first step. I recommend trying on another outlet if this concern persists. Also, if this does happen again, confirm that the weather is not a factor at that time.

If the above does not help to resolve this concern, please reach out to our support team for further assistance. Feel free to keep us updated! :slight_smile:

Sorry for not replying to this thread Marley, Heather was helping me via email. I received and replaced the power adapter and also received and installed a new battery for the base station. Unfortunately, the issue remains.

I have just received a replacement base station today and was contemplating the amout of work it will be to swap out base stations as there is no apparent way to transfer my settings from the old one to the new one.

I don’t even know how to begin the process… I have 16 devices linked to the base station!

I would really hope you guys can think of a way to transfer devices to a replacement base station should an original one become defective, or better yet (and probably easier from Ring’s point of view) allow for a serial number swap directly from the web interface or even the app.

Just my two cents…

1 Like

Glad to hear our support team helped you obtain a solution @stephanejap! The best approach for replacing your Base Station, would be to remove each Alarm device in the app, leaving the Base Station for last.

In the Ring app:

• Open main menu
  • Select Devices, then select Alarm, and then select Base Station
  • Tap settings cog (top right), then select Advanced Options
  • In Advanced options, select Z-Wave and use the Remove Device option to remove your Alarm devices.
  • Once all Alarm devices are removed, you may Unregister the Base Station (also found in Advanced Option)

Upon registering the replacement Base Station, you should be able to quickly add all of your Alarm devices through the scanning method. If you already unregistered your Base Station, you will want to reset each of your Alarm devices to allow them to connect to the new Base Station.

We pride ourselves in providing efficient solutions and options for a great neighbor experience. That being said, I certainly understand how reconfiguring this many devices can be cumbersome, and I will share your feedback with the team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Marley. I will give this a try in the morning. Wish me luck! ?

Hello Marley, this is what happens when I follow the instructions provided. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a step?

She won’t be here until Monday. I would call customer service. Link below.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406-Phone-Numbers-for-Community-Support-Worldwide

Ok. Thank you.

You’re welcome. I didn’t want to see you without the base working all weekend.

Yeah, that wouldn’t be good.

Maybe you can help.

I accidentally accepted the procedure Marley provided as a solution, when in reality it didn’t work as you can see in the screenshot I uploaded… I’m supposed to remove all z-wave devices from the base station in order to un-register said base station before registering the replacement one I received yesterday. But the z-wave device removal fails and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong or am I missing something?

I looked for this in the support section and was not able to find anything. I believe she was trying to find the easiest way to do it. But as I was looking it stated to call customer service for the base alarm removals. You did what she stated.

Sorry to hear that did not work for you @stephanejap Thank you @Eagle328 for assisting!

The removal of Alarm devices/ replacement of your Base Station should be obtainable through the aforementioned options in your Ring app. If those steps are not yielding proper results, or the concern is persisting, I recommend reaching out to our support team for further assistance. Feel free to keep us updated on what worked for you! :slight_smile:

Thanks Marley.

It took almost half the day Saturday but I did manage to get all my devices transferred to the replacement base station. I had to unregister the defective base station and reconnect every device one by one.

I had the most trouble with my First Alert smoke/co alarms as I forgot to remove them from the old base station before unregistering it!!! ?

In the end I did manage to reset them and add them to the new base station and all is well now.

Thank you again and please do submit my request for an easier process to swap base stations to Ring techs in charge of such matters.

I have the same problem, started this week.

1 Like