Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base Station Offline for no reason

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Base Station Offline for no reason

Hello,

My base station went to cellular backup for no reason this morning.  My wifi is fine no changes.  I tried to reconnect and it said that it was having problems connecting.  No my password hasnt change.  No, my router is in the same place.  Yes my router is working just fine.  I have tried to connect several times and have waited between attempts.  What next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Base Station WiFi Offline for no reason

I fixed it myself - I plugged it into my router and immediately connected to the Ring system.  I then took it off router and tried the wifi reconnect - to no avail again!  So I plugged it back into my router and went to the base station device settings-advanced and rebooted from there.  Apparently a system upgrade did not fully install earlier so it upgraded again.  When it was finished, I tried to set it back to wifi and it worked no problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Base Station Offline for no reason

Hey @NapaPrimo. Since you have tried to reconnect the Base Station to your home wifi to no avail, I recommend to reach out to our support team here via phone so they can take a deeper look into this. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I fixed it myself - I plugged it into my router and immediately connected to the Ring system.  I then took it off router and tried the wifi reconnect - to no avail again!  So I plugged it back into my router and went to the base station device settings-advanced and rebooted from there.  Apparently a system upgrade did not fully install earlier so it upgraded again.  When it was finished, I tried to set it back to wifi and it worked no problem.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

@NapaPrimo Awesome news and nice job getting it fixed yourself! Cat Very Happy

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.