Base Station LED: Solid Green + Blue

Hello,

Ever since we experience numerous power outages from tropical storm Isaias our Base Station is always (regardless of alarm system mode) displaying a solid Green-Blue color (see attached image).

What is going on? Should I reset the Base Station?

–Rob

p.s.: Ring chat support appears to no longer be accepting technical support inquiries. What’s up with that?

Hi @BigFan! That is an odd color to see, and it is not indicator of your Alarm operation. Is your Alarm operating as intended regardless of this light? If you are needing to reset your Base Station, or need more in depth troubleshooting, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Marley,

The alarm system seems to be working normally, but the LED indicator on the base station unit is stuck in this state. Do you reccomend I call support to help resolve ths issue?

Thank you for the update @BigFan! If a power cycle (removing power plug and plugging back in) did not resolve this, it is likely that a reset needs to be done to your Alarm Base Station. We highly recommend performing this reset with a support team member, as mentioned in our help center article.

While it sounds like it is still operational and the stuck LED pattern is not interfering with functionality, the LED indicator can be a great feature and visual alert of certain Alarm events. I would not want you to miss out on that functionality and experience! :slight_smile:

I will call support. Removing AC power will only result in the unti running off of battery.

–Rob

1 Like

Closing the loop. Ring Support indicated the fixed LED pattern (shown in the attachment of the orginal post) indicates the Base Station was “stuck” in an update mode. A single press of the Reset button on the Base Station forced a reboot that cleared the trouble. The Base Station LED is now powerly indicating the alarm system status.

1 Like