Base Station Connection Errors

I was attempting to set up my base station for our new alarm system and it wouldn’t connect. After many attempts of trying I decided to click reset (instead of pairing) on the back of the base station. Now anytime I try to register/connect the station, it doesn’t even light up in the front.

Hey @ncatti. It looks like you have factory reset your Base Station. We do not recommend factory resetting the Base Station at any time to resolve the concern. You may be directed to by support, but this is the only time you should. At this time, you will need to be in contact with our support team to have this resolved!

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I had similar issues with Connection Error on the initial setup of the wifi for my Security Base Station. I was able to enter the SSID and password, the network light on the base station went green, but I got the connection error, a very long updating period, and the device never came available to my phone. I tried the wired connection on Ethernet and that worked fine.
I am not 100% sure what the problem was but I have a period character in my WiFi SSID which may have been causing the problem. I was initially worried about a setup in my router called Smart Connect which toggles devices between 2.4GHz or 5GHz but the base station can support both so I ruled that out.
I created a new guest SSID on the same router using just plain characters and the base station connected immediately. Luckily I had not been using the Guest Wifi so I did not have to change the SSID on the main Wifi, which would have entailed changing the 25 other devices connected to it just to accomodate the Ring base station.

1 Like