App says "Please enter a valid phone number"

While signing up the minitoring (Setting → Monitoring), Ring app keeps asking to enter valid phone number eventhough it is a right number. (in xxx-xxx-xxxx format). Any idea why this happens?

The field only allows number (only number keypad shows up in the app and +1 is already pre-filled), so I don’t know why it complains. Any idea on how to bypass this?

3 Likes

Made it work through web browser, but problem still exists in Ring app.

1 Like

Seriously? I just got this Doorbell 4 and am getting the same error when entering my actual phone number

2 Likes

Me too - nightmare as you can’t get any further - tempted to return if they can’t get this right

1 Like

This should be working as intended, as long as the number used is valid. Please note that this field might be filled with a country code or +1, which may change by region. Please also ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device when filling out this information.

As neighbors mentioned above, registering via web browser is a great step to try. For further assistance with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

It doesn’t work on the app. Instead of repeating the same advice about the vpn, fix your app.

11 Likes

The other people are right, this is a bug. I am running into the same problem for no reason, it just wont accept my number that i use for everything else with no issues. No VPN.

You have a bug here, fix it.

9 Likes

Just bought the ring doorbell 3 and as all the people above I’m having an issue on the app adding my mobile number in, just keep saying invalid, I’ve tried deleting the +44 code before entering my number, not adding the 0 before my number, typing in my full number, it always takes off the first 0, it always comes up as INVALID!! I haven’t even unpacked the thing yet and I’m having problems! HELP! Please sort this out!! No VPN here either.

4 Likes

How are people getting around this? Obv my £90 door bell will need to be returned if this isn’t possible to resolve. Have you all returned your door bells??

2 Likes

As of April 8, 2022, the app is STILL NOT FIXED, same problem.

Notice the Ring person who responded kept saying “it SHOULD be working as intended”.

*** We know it “SHOULD”, so why isn’t it FIXED as of 04/08/22, lmAo ?! ***

(The Ring response came from a " Marley_Ring", anyone curious whether this person still works there as of 04/08/22, ha ha ?!)

2 Likes

April 25th, still a bug.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! If you’re receiving this message when you’re entering your phone number during the Professional Monitoring setup, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Ensure the Ring app and your phone’s OS are fully updated. You can see how to update your Ring app here.
  • If you have a VPN on your phone or network, make sure this is disabled as the Ring app is not compatible with any VPNs.
  • Try the Professional Monitoring setup process on a different smartphone or tablet, if you have one available.
  • Try on wifi and also on cellular data to see if you can complete the setup process on one type of connection over the other.

If the concern persists after trying these steps and you’re still unable to complete your Professional Monitoring setup, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they look into this further. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow, how ridiculous is that. I’m sitting here trying to help my parents set this up. It’s adding an extra layer of difficulty in addition to the unintuitive sign up. Still occurring 4/29/2022. What an embarrassing bug for such a large company to have

3 Likes

The actual answer to finally get this to work for me, was to use the phone I wanted to receive 2FA on, and turn off WiFi and use cellular data

Clearly some sort of check was in place to see it coming from a mobile system

Mark this as the solution (not the crap one from “customer support”)

1 Like

12/5/2022 having same issues can’t resolve it, very frustrating

1 Like

Having the same problem on May 14, 2022. Phone number works on my Mac, but not on the Android Phone App. And I turned off wifi on phone, just to check. Still didn’t work.

Just to let everyone know, I was having the same problem today as of June 19, I got around by using wifi on my phone. For some reason, that worked.

2 Likes

Same thing uk phone number marked as invalid :confused:

1 Like

This is terrible having the same problem l cant use my UK number, pls fix it!!! its frustrating!!!

1 Like

yes l did, still not working