Alarm questions

These are all great questions @jjeffrie! I’ll do my best to answer them in order.

1. Your Motion Detectors and Contact Sensors have the option to both notify your mobile device, and trigger your Alarm when triggered in an armed mode. There are mode settings within the Ring app which allow you to choose which Alarm Sensors are included in which modes. By default, all of your sensors should be included in the armed away mode. Your Motion Detectors will certainly initiate your Alarm Siren when triggered in an armed state, and, if you are being professionally monitored, will also result in dispatch for emergency alerts.
  2. At this time, the Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras do not affect your Alarm modes or siren, and vice versa. We see this as a “Ring of security” where your Camera enabled devices will watch the perimeter of your home, while the Alarm covers the inside. Of course, notifications operate with both products and can be optimized via Ring app settings for the most awareness!
  3. Yes! We recently released a feature which allows for emergency alerts to be received, even in do not disturb mode. At this time, this is for emergency Alarm alerts only. Check out our help center article for the steps on enabling this in the Ring app.

Speaking of help center, there are many articles throughout our help center that will expand on my answers above. If you have any further questions, feel free to search there or ask us here. We are always happy to help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes