Alarm panel doesn’t charge up

I found my ring alarm panel 1st gen dead, so i went to charge it. The charge light blinks green. Then when no lights were on i figured the charging completed. I touch the panel but nothing happens. Is my panel dead or am i doing something wrong? It’s only a little over a year old

Hey @Islandsnow. You will need to keep it plugged in and charging for about 8 hours or until the green blinking light is a solid green. Once it’s solid green, it should be fully charged up. You will also need to check in your Ring app under your Alarm Devices to ensure the Keypad is online in your app. If it is not, try removing the Keypad and re-adding the device back to your Base Station! :slight_smile:

oh wow so it has to be charging for 8 hours. ok got it will try that.

1 Like

i know i answered you but not sure what happened… since you responded on the 18th i have had my panel plugged in charnging and havne’t removed it. so that means its been plugged in for 8 days. still nothing. green blinking light never went solid. it actually turned off after a full night of charging. i cann’t reconnect to it and if i press any buttons on it nothing happens. im sure its broken. any other ideas?

@Islandsnow No worries, I’m sorry to hear that it’s still not working for you! It may need to be factory reset. You can learn more about how to factory reset the device here. Once you have factory reset it, see if the Keypad is online in your alarm devices, and if not, remove it if need be and then add the device back! If it still cannot add or work for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

thanks you say you can learn to factory reset the device here. was there supposed to be a link or by here you mean for me to search for it on the ring support site?

“You can learn more about how to factory reset the device here”

@Islandsnow My apologizes! Looks like the link broke, which is why it wasn’t showing the hyperlink. Should be fixed now for you to click on. If it’s still not working, just copy and paste this into your browser! :slight_smile: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000071906-How-to-Completely-Reset-Your-Alarm-Devices

sorry for the delay in responding chelsea…i was finally able to work on this again

i clicked on the link you sent me. so i tried the first option of pressing and holding the #1 key for 5 seconds.

when i do that, i got notice that the keypad is again online. but the red battery light on the paid flashes. i think my keypad battery doesn’t hold its charge. i had this thing plugged in and charging for over a week. like i said before, the green light stays on but after charging it goes off.

please advise

@Islandsnow Thank you and no worries! We are all human and have our own lives, and I can understand why the Keypad may be on the bottom of your priority list. You seem to have nailed it though, it’s definitely not holding the charge it needs. From here, could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. They can take a deeper look into this for you and see if a replacement is necessary. :slight_smile:

i spoke with a ryan m last week he said he would send me a usb charger to try and see if it will charge my keypad but i still havent received it. and i donʻt think i got a case number for the long talk i had with him. can i find out what the status is?

@Islandsnow You most definitely can! If you give our support team a call, they can follow up with you on this shipment to see where it is at. They can also give you a tracking number if you have not gotten one, and if it is available/created.

Chelsea,
I am having a similar problem with my Ring Keypad. it will not charge up, even if left on multiple usb chargers for days at a time. When plugged in, it only flashes red for a while then goes out altogether. Please help!