Alarm interior door sensor going offline

I keep having an issue where an interior door sensor goes offline. The sensor has even been replaced with a different one. The sensor is 4ft closer to the base station then another sensor that has never had an issue.

Hey @1Averageguy. Have you reached out to our support team about this sensor before, as it sounds like it was replaced? If you’re seeing this concern on a replacement device still, I recommend reaching back out to our support team for a follow up on this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I reached out to the support team before to have the sensor replaced the first time. I believe there is a flaw in the software of the base station. It appears to not be sending/ receiving supervisory signals to and from the sensors. I can open the cover on the sensor and the blue light comes on as well as when you open and close the door. I also noticed that if a sensor is left in the open state for an extended period of time it will also “go offline”. The only fix they had was delete and reinstall the sensor/ replace it. The manual rebooting of the sensor has no effect. I tried to explain this last time it occurred. It will keep happening until they figure out why it does that. Other wireless alarm systems will not go off line until the battery dies, no matter how long its left in the open state.

Hi there! Many neighbors mention connection being a factor most often when it comes to a Contact Sensor falling offline. Considering distance to the Base Station, and using the Alarm Range Extender are some great steps to take. For an optimal connection, check out our Help Center article about Z-Wave.

Here is also our Help Center article with a step-by-step guide to troubleshooting and resetting your Contact Sensor.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.