Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alarm Keypad Lights and Buttons Explained

New Neighbor

Re: Alarm Keypad Lights and Buttons Explained

Many thanks @Marley_Ring

Community Manager

Kudos to everyone here! Your collective effort and passion to obtain more knowledge is what drives our Community to be dependable for our Neigbors. We will always encourage you to share your thoughts with us as it leads to a better Ring experience for everyone. Without further ado, we present to you a more detailed look at  how the LEDs work on the Alarm Keypad.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Would love to be able to dim the battery light for use in the bedroom. Quite bright for sleeping. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor II

@jcwhitingjr wrote:

Would love to be able to dim the battery light for use in the bedroom. Quite bright for sleeping. 

There is a popular dedicated thread for this specifically, I invite you to voice your concerns there:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Disable-keypad-s-quot-full-battery-quot-indicator-LED-light...

lp
New Neighbor

What is the function of the 2 objects just below the Faulted Sensor Icon, and to the right Home Mode button? They are not shown or labeled on the diagram.

Community Manager

Great question @lp ! Those 2 components on the keypad are sensors which control lights. One sensor will detect motion (proximity) and illuminate the Keypad, as long as it is not in power save mode. The other is a sensor for light, which will determine if the keypad buttons need to be illuminated based on the brightness, or darkness, of the environment. Hope this helps!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
lp
New Neighbor

Thanks.

New Neighbor

The battery Icon is flashing in Red, what does that mean?
Community Manager

That is certainly an unusual light pattern to see. Please attempt a reset by briefly pushing in and releasing the pinhole button on the back of the Keypad, while it is unplugged. You will likely need a paper clip to do so.

If this does not resolve that LED indicator, I recommend reaching out to our support team for more in depth troubleshooting.

New Neighbor II

2 Questions:

Should the Network Connection icon always be lit up?

Now that a Duress Code has been added, is there really still a need for the Panic buttons?